Most people want to be independent and remain in their homes for as long as possible. For people who want to enjoy retirement in Orange County, CA, but need a little help, assisted living is a great option. An assisted living consultant can help relieve some of the burden from your search for a great community.
Assisted Living Orange County facilities are Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs) and are non-medical facilities. Assisted Living Facilities, (RCFEs), must meet safety and care standards, be licensed and inspected by the Department of Social Services and Community Care Licensing (CCL).
Assisted living helps with:
- Personal care with bathing, grooming and dressing
- Medication management
- Special diets and dining assistance
- Escort to activities and to and from meals
- Emergency response call system
Assisted living offers independence and flexibility to needs and interest. While it can be a difficult decision to move into an assisted living, assisted living allows senior’s to thrive in a secure and safe environment.
SENIOR SOLUTIONS considers the following when searching for an Assisted Living:
Staff & Residents
- Are residents clean and dressed by 10am?
- Is the staff caring and friendly?
- How many direct care staff are there for each shift?
- Is the facility clean and free of odors?
- Are common areas accessible to wheelchairs and walkers?
- Are call bells available in the bathrooms & bedrooms?
Quality of Food
- Can the residents request special foods?
- Can the residents receive needed assistance in eating?
- Does the menu vary from day to day?
Quality of Social Interaction
- Does the facility have a planned activities program?
- Do volunteers and outside groups visit the facility?
- Are pets allowed to visit?
Assisted Living Statistics
With an increase of 112% of our elderly population from 1990 to 2020, it’s no wonder Assisted Living is the most preferred and fastest growing long-term option for seniors.
Why would someone consider an Assisted Living? Take the fact, that according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, one out of three adults, 65 years and older fall each year and over 95% of hip fractures are a result of a fall.
Assisted living offers peace of mind to a senior when it’s no longer practical to living alone.
Assisted Living can help prevent “Senior Falls” by offering:
- Recreational activities including exercise which promotes balance and strength
- Transportation to doctor appointments for annual vision and hearing exams
- Providing floors of non-skid material and firm carpet to prevent falls and ease walking
- Providing grab bars in bathroom and showers with emergency call bells
Why Choose Assisted Living?
- Enjoy delicious chef prepared meals in a dining atmosphere!
- Enjoy making new friends and warm conversations!
- Enjoy a variety of activities and special outings!
- Enjoy the comfort & security in knowing you’re not home alone!
Finding an Assisted Living option that’s right for you
SENIOR SOLUTIONS can help you through the process of finding the right assisted living that meets your physical, social and financial needs. We schedule appointments and tour the facilities with you. Our goal is provide dignity and independence.
Call SENIOR SOLUTIONS today at (714) 318-0835 or contact us.
We would be happy, at NO COST to you, to help you find the best solution.
Senior Solutions is based in Orange County, in the city of Brea, California 92821 Our clients come from around the U.S. and throughout Orange County, CA and the surrounding areas in Fullerton, Yorba Linda, Whittier, and Anaheim. Don’t forget to visit Senior Solution’s Assisted Living Orange County Google + Page.